QA Analyst - Machine Learning Portfolio Analyst
Amazon Search creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies. Our Visual Search team creates solutions aimed at helping customers search and discover the world around them via a camera-phone view. We use advanced technologies to leverage our vast catalog of images in ways that dramatically improve the experience of Amazon customers. We tackle complex problems in computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, and large-scale distributed systems.
Amazon Search is seeking a detail-oriented Dataset Portfolio Analyst to help us track and analyze the production and quality of the many dataset production pipelines that feed our machine learning efforts. You will work with multiple teams to collect, validate, summarize and forecast key metadata and statistics. To succeed, you must easily and flexibly accommodate changing requirements, work well with colleagues under time pressure, and learn to quickly understand the similarities and differences between datasets.
· Assessing and tracking the current status of each active dataset production pipeline.
· Maintaining up-to-the-day databases of dataset production activity.
· Challenging and validating dataset metadata to ensure high metadata quality and reliable insights.
· Reviewing the completeness and quality of dataset products.
· Forecasting resources required and tracking resources actually consumed.
· Developing reports needed by senior stakeholders to make operational and infrastructure decisions.
· Continually improving reporting and analysis processes.
Amazon Search provides a highly customer-centric, team-oriented setting in our offices located in Palo Alto, California. With us, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading Internet companies.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution.
· At least 2 years of experience with analytical software such as Excel, SQL, R, or NumPy.
· Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.