Do you like helping enterprise customers architect systems and solve complex technology problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud services? Do you have a knack for helping enterprises understand the right database technology for their business solution including Oracle, SQL as well as AWS database solutions including Kinesis, Redshift, Aurora, DynamoDB, and Lambda? Do you have the presence to influence industry leaders on critical decisions and the hands-on skills to demonstrate with credibility? Do you want to be part of the solution architect team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as the new normal?
As a Partner Solution Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to raise awareness and accelerate adoption of AWS Cloud within partner ecosystem with specific focus on how to migrate to AWS database solutions on the AWS platform.
Your broad responsibilities will include:
· Serve as a key member of the Solutions Architecture team in helping to ensure customer success in delivering database services on the AWS platform. Architect database solutions for simplicity, scale, resiliency, operations and innovation
· Develop, capture, and share best-practices within the solution architect community
· Earn Trust customers and partners on database-related solutions and services
· Provide detailed prescriptive guidance around application and systems design on the Amazon platforms and technologies via direct customer/partner interaction, development of technical content, events/evangelism/training, and operational event support
· Help drive the evolution of the Amazon platforms and technologies by providing direct input and feedback from the field to the engineering teams developing these offerings
A diverse work experience that may include enterprises, consulting providers, technology vendors and/or startups
• Thought leadership e.g. blogs, patents, whitepapers, conference papers
• Post-graduate degree or equivalent education
• Experience in effective communication with senior stakeholders
• AWS Certification e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
Ideal candidate profile
The right person will be highly professional, technical and analytical, and must demonstrate 10+ years of in solution architecture and/or implementation experience.
• Proven track record in overseeing large-scale database architecture, implementation, upgrade or migration projects
• World-class database technical background.
• Demonstrable experience in influencing senior stakeholders and CxO in large enterprises and partners
• Experience and deep knowledge of commercial databases such as Oracle, Micorosft SQL, as well as familiarity with AWS database solutions such as Kinesis, Redshift, Aurora, DynamoDB, and Lambda
• Experience and deep knowledge of database administration
• Experience in database sizing, backup and recovery
• Good understanding of infrastructure building blocks (e.g. storage, network, virtualization, authentication etc.)
• Experience with database scripting
• Experience working with enterprise architectures and IT service management frameworks
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.