Are you passionate about building tools and solving problems? Do you have a desire to help create solutions that enable your peers to work together more effectively? If so, you may be a great fit to join our team in driving efficiencies within our organization!
If you have development experience with strong AWS skills and a deep passion for ‘working backwards’ to solve problems for real customers, this is the perfect role for you. In this team, you will get a chance to help build tools from the ground-up using internal AWS tools. We have the potential to fundamentally change and improve how technical teams operate in their partner and customer facing roles.
In this role, you will be responsible for demonstrating, designing and implementing technology solutions and platforms that can scale and operate at the pace of AWS. You will need to stay up-to-date on the latest technologies. Given the rapid growth and changing characteristics of the AWS community, you must have a proven track record of taking calculated risks and introducing forward-thinking ideas and initiatives.
The applications that you create will help organize team goals and drive productivity and efficiency by putting the right tools in the hands of numerous AWS teams, thus enabling technical and business teams to deliver the best customer experience. The core goal is to leverage this suite of products so that both our partner and customer-facing resources have more time to focus on the most complex and high-value customer interactions. This is a great opportunity for you to join the team and own and shape the technical vision for new and scalable, tools and products.
The right candidate is an experienced and motivated web development engineer, who is comfortable working on cross-functional teams, and excited about the prospect of building new tools from scratch. You will be able to balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology and methodologies choices. Seattle or Austin based candidates are preferred. Expect to travel 10% or less.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Design, develop, and maintain web applications on AWS; Focus on RESTful APIs, full stack automation and testing
· Integrate with core Amazon services for identity, security, finance, and other internal business systems at AWS.
· Help define the development roadmap for our platform
· Invent new services and tools to support our growing global operations
· Manage technical projects with minimal supervision
Qualities We Are Looking For
· Have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building solutions to engage customers in a technical hands-on workshop environment
· Comfortable on the white-board and the keyboard.
· Seek to understand outside perspectives and be inclusive to volunteers eager to help
· Love what you do, and know how to make work fun.
· Be dynamic and creative, willing to take on challenges
· Clear understanding and emphasis on user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design
· Proficiency using modern web development frameworks such as Angular, React, Express, or Vue
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience working with AWS technologies
· Experience developing serverless applications
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years of professional experience in software development using service oriented or microservice architectures in a modern programming language
· 4+ years developing web applications and APIs
· Understanding and experience with web technologies (HTML, HTTP, CSS, JSON) and web frameworks on the browser or server in any language
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field/experience