About RME Planning at Amazon
The RME Planner will be a member of the Reliability Maintenance and Engineering team on the Shared Services Planning Team and will work with Site OPS and 3P vendors to effectively schedule and complete Preventive Maintenance for all Business Units relying on Shared Services.
- Screen work orders, audit equipment to document work requirements and quality, estimate labor hours, materials, tools, and equipment for all assigned work orders to support a proactive, reliability-centered maintenance (RCM) program
- Work closely with Site Operations, Maintenance Technicians, Regional Portfolio Managers, and NA Category Management to plan, coordinate, and schedule proactive maintenance activities during available downtime windows to prevent unplanned downtime of material handling equipment and disruption to production activities
- Be responsible for screening work orders, identification of scope, analysis of required level of planning and overall scheduling of maintenance activities given available resources, criticality of work, and available maintenance windows
- Perform equipment quality audits to identify and document job requirements
- Ensure all work orders and maintenance activities are derived from EAM and accurately closed out in the system in accordance with Amazon’s maintenance virtuous cycle
- Compile equipment information into a job package that is ready for technicians to accomplish each shift; clearly communicate the critical steps in the work process
- Collect necessary engineering drawings, technical documents and specifications
- Drive a proactive maintenance program that ensure 85% of planned work is proactive
- Partner with local Reliability Maintenance and Engineering leadership groups to coordinate maintenance activities in support of driving a World Class Maintenance organization
- Own and regularly respond with subject matter expertise to maintenance/equipment related questions, own access to and distribution of OEM technical bulletin updates, and facilitate strong communication with OEM vendors
- Communicate with Maintenance Managers, Technicians, and Control Systems Technicians regarding ideas and procedures that will enhance and optimize future work activities
- Communicate with 3P vendors to ensure work is properly scheduled and completed within Compliance windows in support of sites without an RME presence
- Review vendor invoices and audit with WO completion and required documentation to authorize payment and escalate discrepancies to procurement for PO amount adjustment
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait, there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers, and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
- 2-year Associate’s degree or professional training in Business Administration, Information System, Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of data analysis experience in the facilities maintenance program, specifically in asset management and spare part optimization
- 4+ years of working experience working with enterprise asset management software suit, inform EAM ASE highly desired
- User training experience
- Self-driven, organized, and able to work in a fast paced team environment
- Customer service and project management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Projects software
- Strong focus on Amazon’s leadership principles of Innovation, Bias for Action, and Ownership of their maintenance program
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
- High School or equivalent diploma
- 3+ years of experience working with enterprise software and an understanding of standard work process
- 3+ years of experience using Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- 3+ years of experience planning, scheduling, and auditing overall facilities/maintenance activities