At the intersection of AI and natural language understanding, voice-assistant technology is one of the most exciting industries to work in today. Creating advanced personal assistants means understanding how to address the many ways a user can ask a single question and appropriately inferring intent from metadata such as a customer's location. Deploying this technology worldwide only adds to these challenges.
That’s where you come in. As an Spanish-speaking Knowledge Engineer, you will manage and expand Alexa’s knowledge base so that Alexa can comprehensively understand and answer questions from Spanish-speaking customers. You will be responsible for holistically improving Alexa’s performance in Mexico and the US, whether by localizing existing content, obtaining and structuring new data, or by influencing the product roadmap generally.
The International Knowledge Engineer role is unique in that a given day involves work typical of both individual contributors and product managers. You will have the opportunity to drive knowledge engineering projects from end to end, embed with other teams to optimize their work for your area of responsibility, and stay abreast of global developments. International KEs have a high degree of flexibility in how they deliver customer impact; no two days in our sunny Santa Barbara office are ever the same.
In this role, you will:
· Expand and maintain Alexa’s ability to understand and answer questions for customers in Spanish
· Identify new content opportunities and fill gaps in Alexa’s capabilities by localizing existing content or finding and ingesting new data sources
· Develop and manage complex data pipelines
· Leverage your cultural knowledge to innovate on behalf of your customers
· Partner with software developers, product managers, other knowledge engineering teams, and business leaders to enhance Alexa’s key functions worldwide
· Closely monitor specific KPIs, drive improvements in query success.
· Constantly solicit input from users and colleagues to improve our products
· Help drive the development of the world’s smartest personal assistant
· Ability to think critically and demonstrate a quantitative, systematic approach to solving problems
· Ability to strive to understand a problem before you approach it
· Excellent communication and team skills
· Ability to solve complex problems with analytical thinking
· Strong logical and conceptual thought processes
· Bias to action and ambitious personality
· Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
Our Santa Barbara office is unique within Amazon; many of our current employees came directly from a small tech company. We balance the drive of a scrappy start-up with the immense resources of a cloud computing giant and are looking for people with similar ambition.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Ideal candidate profile
· Fluency in Spanish
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Experience working simultaneous projects with cross-functional teams