At Amazon, our HR Regional Partners are known for their knowledge of HR programs, processes and tools. They act as the frontline consultant to the business supporting manages in creating a positive employee experience and offering the best HR advice on people matters. They operate and are seen as subject matter experts, having deep knowledge in company and local programs, processes and policies; and offer strong, credible and compelling advice to business leaders on how to manage their team. They are committed to collaboration with multiple HR Business Partners and HR Specialists who support various businesses.
Managers collaborate using different communication channels with the HR Regional Partners to support sensitive and often complex employee issues including disciplinary, performance improvement and grievance processes. These channels can include 1:1s, multiple stakeholder meetings, as well as scalable learning formats to educate Managers on relevant people matters. This role will act as an influential partner in helping managers with talent management processes, people development, and implementation of organizational changes. Thanks to their visibility across businesses and their access to employee data, HR Regional Partners are in a position to spot trends, identify emerging needs and address them in collaboration with the appropriate business or HR stakeholders.
1. Onboarding and HR Administration
- Design, deliver and constantly improve our Onboarding proposition and programs in the country, in order to guarantee a positive Day 1 employee experience
- Partner with HR Services (HRS) to ensure that people transactions are processed timely and processes are continuously reviewed, improved and streamlined
- Act as the site leader on topics/requests that are site specific like policies, labor law changes impacting local HR processes, and compliance.
2. Employee Relations & Support
- Process ownership for Employee Relations management, including disciplinary & performance improvement
- Consult managers on people matters that require in depth knowledge of policies, procedures and local legislation, across multiple countries
- Conduct investigations and manage ER cases, in coordination with the Employee Relations and with the Legal departments
- Manage the leaver process, including conducting ad-hoc exit interviews
- Review local policies and processes in order to ensure that they are fit for purpose
3. Performance management
- Work with people managers through performance management cases
- Analyze data and trends on ER and performance management, in order to provide input to the business strategy with the relevant HR Business Partner to prevent the recurrence of known issues
4. Talent Management
- Coach, train and guide managers during the Talent Management and Annual Compensation Planning processes
- Consult Managers on employee compensation concerns.
- Develop toolkit and communications that help managers to be self-sufficient with Talent Reviews
5. People Development
- Enable the success of new & experienced managers by leveraging, delivering and improving existing training contents and Inside pages, and collaborating with the central Talent Development teams to anticipate and address emerging needs.
- Support managers and employees in identifying training opportunities to further develop functional and managerial skills.
- Support people managers with career conversations, Development Plans/Career Growth Plans and other development initiatives.
6. Organization and change management
- Manage employees’ programs and support managers to drive improvements in employees’ engagement
- Provide support and guidance to HR Business Partners and the business on change initiatives
7. HR General:
- Act as stewards of the employee experience and Amazon’s culture. Act as Point of Contact and Program Manager for people tools, processes, programs or projects.
- Design and deliver Manager Education initiatives to further drive collective education and manager effectiveness
- Analyze data and observations across the organization, highlighting trends and recommending/driving solutions, as appropriate
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Project management and execution skills.
- Coaching and consulting skills
Ideal candidate profile
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years of relevant Human Resources experience
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking and analysis.
- Strong communication skills; excellent spoken and written English, any additional languages a plus
- Drives recommendations and prioritization in collaboration with HR or business leaders to put decisions into a broader business context.
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment and able to manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Possesses intellectual curiosity; brings insight into the team & business
- Labour Law knowledge