Are you passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insight that impacts daily business decision of Amazon in a promising new market segment?
Does the prospect of dealing with massive volume of data excite you?
Amazon is seeking a Transportation Performances Analyst to join Amazon's European Special Handling (SH) team. EU SH team is responsible for the end-to-end Heavy/Bulky journey in fulfilment, supply chain and transportation daily business and its strategic vision in Europe.
Amazon has culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. During our day to day operations, tons of data is generated which is leveraged to take our important business decisions.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all else, is a passionate about data and analytics.
As an Analyst you will be developing SQL/ETL queries, accessing data ware house and redshift clusters, creating automated reports through macros, creating relevant KPIs and metrics for the performance of the team as well as for transportation operations. Publish daily/weekly performance reports. You will give us business insights based upon data to further improve our operations and processes.
A successful candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools, is comfortable accessing and working with big data from multiple sources, and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities and deliver results. You should have an internal drive to answer “why?” questions, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, as well as superior written and verbal communication skills. S/he would be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Create metrics and performance dashboards to measure carrier health and potential
- Drive root cause analysis
- Engage with cross-functional teams and/or carriers/vendors for implementation of project/program requirements
- Managing multiple projects/initiavitves
- Communication at all levels with the ability to present information professionally & concisely with supporting data
Ideal candidate profile
- Experience working in SQL/ETL database
- Experience of working with data warehouse
- Experience with developing reports from Tableau
- Proficient in MS Excel, (Macros, Pivot tables, Vlook up, Hlook up)
- Should understand business context and creating KPIs/metrics as per business needs
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science or related technical field is a win
- Excellent communication skills in English, should speak at least one European language.
- Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills.