We are growing fast and are looking for electrical engineering leaders who can deliver hardware keeping in mind device safety, reliability and customer experience. This requires both being able to implement highly reliable and efficient electronics while being aware of external factors such as environment, customer interaction, and manufacturing variation.
If you have good experience in electrical engineer and a passion for hardware systems engineering such as power, lithium batteries, and embedded processors, then this is a unique opportunity to join us at day one of building device electronics that will be enjoyed by millions of users worldwide.
Your responsibilities will include:
Innovating electrical designs to improve reliability, delight customers and reduce cost in areas such as power management, battery charging, environmental design, embedded processors, remote sensing, and RF communication.
Be very hands-on; working with global engineering teams to manage the day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, use case evaluation, and implementation.
Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies.
Understanding user behavior using device hardware metrics, and incorporating that feedback into hardware.
Being on a small team, mentoring junior engineers, and ensuring the right development practices are followed.
· Experience developing test plans and analytical models for cross product family failures and solutions
· Knowledge of low-power circuit design, DC/DC converters, power management methods, audio circuit design, and analog design
· Knowledge of processor architecture, digital circuit design and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
· Knowledge of mixed-signal board-level design
· Experience driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout through assembly
· Experience partnering with software teams to define and implement firmware, drivers and algorithms
· Experience debugging multi-disciplinary challenges and developing test plans to validate multi-disciplinary interfaces.
Lab126 is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Ideal candidate profile
· MSEE with 5+ years of experience or BSEE with 5+ years of experience in consumer product design
· 4+ years of experience of leading and working with ODM/OEMs for all stages of product development
· 5+ years of experience with system-level design including circuit design, system bring-up, integration, and debug