This role in AWS Business Technology and Solutions (BTS) is for a PhD economist focused on the economics of AWS Partners services. This is a great role for an economist looking to use their skills to drive deep business impact. BTS is a diverse team that supports infrastructure and other foundational initiatives that span and support Sales, Marketing and Support teams within AWS.
Examples of the problems you will work on:
- Estimating causal impact of Partners engagements for AWS customers;
- Using a mix of machine learning and econometric methods, predict customer- or group-level likelihoods of benefiting from Partners engagements based on customer attributes;
- Understanding the total value add of Partners business.
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged.
· Experience in machine learning, applications to business problems, and/or big data is preferred.
· Experience in R strongly preferred. Experience in Stata, Python, Spark encouraged.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -
Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· PhD in Economics or related quantitative field
· 1+ years of experience in industry, research, consulting or government.
· Experience in micro-econometrics with a particular focus on applied causal inference.