The AWS SDKs and Tools team at Amazon.com is looking for passionate and customer obsessed Developer Support Engineers to join a new team focusing on helping AWS customers resolve development questions over GitHub and Stack Overflow.
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Open Source Support team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting developers around the world that are taking advantage of a growing set of AWS services and features to build their mission-critical applications.
We are looking for developer support engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have excellent programming skills in one or more modern programming languages. Our support engineers work with AWS customers on GitHub, Stack Overflow and other developer community sites to help them build on AWS. We are the “voice of the developer” inside AWS and have a strong voice into AWS product teams for recurring issues or feature requests.
A successful candidate will be someone with solid coding skills who is customer focused, and who can multi-task and utilize both written & verbal communication skills to help our diverse range of customers resolve their technical issues.
As a Developer Support Engineer you would typically be involved in the following activities on a day to day basis:
· Empower AWS customers who use AWS SDKs such as (but not limited to): Java, .Net, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby, Go, and C++, the AWS CLI and the AWS Tools for Windows PowerShell.
· Act as customer’s advocate and represent customer needs to the product development teams.
· Raise feature requests on behalf of customers’ use cases.
· Ensure timely communication and driving technical issues towards closure.
· Raise bug reports.
· Write tools/scripts to help the team.
· Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS software development community.
· Work with leadership on process improvements and strategic initiatives.
· Familiarity with several programming languages
· Deep familiarity with git and GitHub
· Familiarity and development experience with AWS and web services
· Ability to thrive and succeed in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly
· Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work well in a team
· Experience communicating with both technical and business audiences.
· Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications at massive scale
· Experience with Open Source development communities
· Proven customer focus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· 3-5 years of experience in a relevant technical position.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem-solving.