We are currently seeking a Data Center Operations Technician to serve as a technical resource within our mission critical Data Center. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability in all mechanical plant within our mission critical Data Centers. The successful candidates will be expected to have direct and immediate impact on improving the resiliency, efficiency and capacities of our facilities to help offer Amazon’ customers better value.
· Assisting in the operation, and maintenance of all, mechanical, Electrical and HVAC equipment within the Data Center/Facility.
· This equipment supports mission-critical servers and must maintain better than 99.999% uptime.
· Develop work plan for emergency repair of critical assets.
· Troubleshooting of all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems,
· Operates under minimal supervision.
· Create and close Work Orders with appropriate data, to include labor hours, equipment maintenance, and parts used into asset management system
· Maintain changes in state in Mission Critical infrastructure in support of corrective/ preventive maintenance
· Testing: Test quality, performance, safety, and reliability of products, equipment, processes
· To be a front line responder for hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, AHU’s, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFD’s, and building automation systems.
· 3+ years of experience in operations and on-call support for Data Center facilities or Mission Critical Plants/Production facilities
· An undergraduate degree in a technical field (EE, MechE, IndustrialE);
· Project Management experience
· Work at heights and from ladders.
· Perform physical tasks (being able to lift weights up to 25 kilos)
· Work in a noisy environment with ear protection
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Ideal candidate profile
· Good verbal and written English communication skills
· Apprentice/trades certified or diploma in an Electrical field
· Demonstrate key electrical competencies (Practice & Theory)
· Knowledge of mechanical systems (Mechanical, HVAC systems, Controls)
· Ability to draft accurate support procedures in English, system documentation, and issue tracking entries
· Willing to travel between Data center sites, and internationally if required
· Solid IT skills; experience and knowledge of MS Office suite