OPERATIONS - ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
Electronics Component Engineer
Even if we all face difficult times, business in the Netherlands is still going strong. Therefore we are currently looking for an Electronics Component Engineer who can bring an expertise with regards to product roadmap by specific knowledge on component technology and market development to support the ongoing projects!
Who are we?
AKKA Netherlands is the Dutch subsidiary of the AKKA Technologies Group, an international engineering consultancy company founded in France in 1984 with more than 21 000 employees worldwide. In the Netherlands, our focus is on the Digital, High-Tech, Transport and Energy sectors.
At AKKA, we are driven by innovation and are passionate about technology. Like the two owners of the company, Maurice and Jean-Franck Ricci, both engineers, entrepreneurship is in our blood. We stay at the forefront of the digital and engineering world, and because of our expertise in various fields, we always keep innovating by hiring the most talented engineers.
AKKA Netherlands offers you the tools, like trainings and workshops, to develop yourself and make your career blossom. Part of our career road map is not only your technical project, you can also become part of our Knowledge Hub or get a Corporate role as Technical Assessor, Mentor or Ambassador.
For one of our clients in the High Tech sector we are looking for an Electronics Component Engineer. You will support realization of the product roadmap of our client by expert knowledge on component technology and market development. Furthermore you will ensure availability of the best off-the-shelf component solutions the market has to offer. Last but not least, you will drive Life Cycle Management of products through active project involvement and up-to-date component information.
As a component engineer your focus will be on selection, qualification and accurate registration of catalog materials and customized derivatives of these. To ensure smooth and efficient introduction of new materials, early involvement in design activities or issue resolution is key.
In your job you will be the linking pin between designers, manufacturers, supply chain engineers and procurement officers providing advice and guard the balance between technology, quality, cost and logistics.
· Build and maintain expertise within the assigned product category
· Drive interaction between design projects and component engineering team
· Support designers in making the best component selections
· Selection, qualification and introduction of new components in the database
· Facilitate and monitor development of customized derivatives
· Guard the quality of the component information in the database
· Lead root cause analysis and improvement actions for component failure issues
If "Other" specify:
Do you have what it takes?
If you recognize yourself in below profile, we look forward to receiving your application:
· Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or comparable
· You have at least 5 years of work experience in electronics design
· You have affinity with production equipment and (cleanroom) tooling
· You have knowledge of industry regulations (CE, UL, IEC)
· You have knowledge of rack and cabinet assemblies as well as cables, cable design and cable products
· You have excellent communication skills in Eglish, Dutch is a pre
· Because of travel restrictions due to COVID-19 we are looking for candidates who already live in the Netherlands
· A permanent contract for an indefinite period
· Personal follow up by an AKKA Business Manager through your career
· Flexible working hours (in consultation)
· Working from home (in consultation)
· Commute allowance
· Pension plan (fully paid by AKKA)
· Training and study options
· Growth opportunities (in the Netherlands and International)
· Network/meetup options
· Team dinners, drinks, parties
Are you ready to join AKKA? Apply now by clicking on the apply button! Want to make it more personal? Send your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not ready to apply yet and want more information? Please contact our colleague in Talent Acquisition Michelle for more details. You can reach her by sending an email to email@example.com or call +316 53 57 63 44.
Europe, The Netherlands
Minimum level of education required
5. Bachelor Degree
· Electrical Engineer
Level of experience
5 to 10 years
English (3 : Advanced)