London, Greater London
£ 180.6 - £ 229.5 / Day
Construction & Property - Surveying & Related Services
· Job type
Construction and Property
· External Reference
Position: Principal Surveyor
Location: Tower Hamlets
Duration: 3 Months +
We're currently seeking an experience Principal Surveyor to support the allocated Building Control Team Leader in management of the staff of the team, and assist in managing the delivery of responsibilities of the determination of building regulation applications and inspection of building work in progress.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· To contribute towards a high quality specialised building control service and to assist in providing the effective management of the day-to-day functions of one of the building control area teams.
· To make recommendations for the determination of building regulation applications or decisions to take enforcement action under delegated powers in a designated area.
· To carry a full caseload and manage a number of major complex proposals, initiatives and/or projects simultaneously, responding quickly to changed circumstances and balancing often conflicting priorities under pressure.
· To undertake negotiations with developers and their professional multi-disciplinary design team.
· To deputise for the Team Leader as required,
Essentials for the position:
· Details comprehensive understanding of building regulations and all other regulatory and discretionary building control matters.
· Qualified to a standard accepted for corporate membership of the RICS or ABE of significant Building Control Experience.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy