City Of London, Greater London
Office and Secretarial - Receptionist
· Job type
Education and Childcare
· External Reference
Are you a Customer Service star that thrives on working in a fast paced environment?
Our client, an English language exam provider are seeking Stewards with good time management skills to assist with temporary weekday and weekend cover during a busy period while they work through the backlog of exams rescheduled after lock down
**Please note that the site is operating under social distancing guidelines and stewards and exam attendees are asked to wear masks or face shield's at all times. Hand sanitiser and cleaning products and masks are available throughout the premises**
· Job title: Steward or Coordinator
· Location: Kings Cross, Southwark, Croydon
· Pay: £9.00/hr
· Hours: 7:15-15:30, 8:15-16:30 or 9:15-17:30
· working pattern: Both Weekday and weekend shifts available dependant on your availability
The successful candidates will have a warm and friendly demeanour and good time management skills to assist the client with the smooth running of the exams and candidates over the course of the day and able to be on their feet much of the day as it is an active role.
As a Steward you will be assigned a schedule of candidates to see over the day with candidates exam times listed so arrival times can be estimated and the day managed
On arrival you are expected to greet candidates linked to you warmly and then follow the below steps:
· Confirm the Identification document candidates registered with (review against your list)
· Ask candidates to put all personal item in lockers
· Visual security checks to prevent any items being brought into the exam room are conducted (Phones off, watches removed and emptied pockets and arms visually checked for any notes)
· Candidate guided to registration area and registrar notified of candidate to be seen for further checks
· Vigilance is needed to see when registration completed to then guide candidate to single occupant exam room
· Log in to tablet with Zoom codes and candidates name to to introduce candidate to examiner via Zoom video conferencing
· Usher candidate into exam room and set timer for 10 minutes or 7 minutes to know when to return to check on candidate on completion of exam
· When exam complete guide the candidate back to locker area to take belongings and see out of the area
· Cleaning of the exam room's table, chair and door handles then occurs between candidates to allow the safe use of the room for subsequent candidates in line with Covid-19 guidelines
Note: Candidates can arrive at any time so you need to be vigilant of new arrivals and at what stage each of your candidates are in the arrival, registration and exam process so you can ensure the smooth timely running of the day. You will be working with other stewards so on occasion candidates for other stewards will be present
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy