Wimbledon, Greater London
Sales & Retail - Sales, Retail and Customer Service
· Job type
Sales and Retail
· External Reference
An exciting opportunity to contribute to the work of a world class visitor attraction and science research centre has arisen. As a Retail Assistant, you will be supporting the team with the day to day needs of the shop floor to drive sales and deliver excellent customer service. You will ensure you are striving to provide world class customer service at all times.
We are seeking Retails Assistants to cover the upcoming Christmas Period. You will need to be available for an assessment on the 16th December 2019. If you are successful at the assessment, a paid induction will be held on the 18thDecember.
You'll then be booked for shifts from 19thDecember to 4thJanuary, with the possibility of further shifts offered in to the New Year
The rate of pay for this role will be £10.55 per hour.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
· To support the retail team by being part of a team that deliver commercial and operational excellence
· To be a brand ambassador for the Museum
· Provide world class customer service to every customer.
· To help achieve targets proactively selling and promoting add-ons at the till point.
· To take responsibility for own time management and communicate to your manager when you are unable to attend work.
· To follow guidance of the visual merchandising team to keep shop floor displays full and attractive
· To help look for and drive sales opportunities on the shop floor.
· To assist setting up shops in the morning, including starting till sessions, putting in floats
· Educated to 'GCSE' Level standard (or equivalent), or above
· Previous experience of delivering exceptional customer service in a busy environment
· Experience of working within a target driven environment
· A proactive, hands-on approach to work, with excellent attention to detail
· Demonstrable experience of stock management
· Understanding of visual merchandising techniques
· Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task effectively
· Cash handling skills and previous experience of using EPOS systems
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy