Newton Aycliffe, Durham
£ 18 - £ 19 / Hour
Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Manufacturing & Production Engineering
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
Our client is a long-established, global technology manufacturing company based in the Newton Aycliffe area. The company is committed to innovation and change. We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated and have the ability to work as part of a team to contribute to the overall success of the company.
You will be a time served multi skilled electrical biased craftsman familiar with the maintaining and continuous improvement of high-speed assembly equipment.
It will be a 3-shift position = £18.59p/h
If required on continental pattern = £21.57p/h
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* To support Maintenance activities in all manufacturing processes.
* Responsible for maintenance and repair (both planned and unplanned) on all automatic assembly machines and processes.
* To ensure maximum operational effectiveness in line with safety, quality and cost requirements.
* To assist in new process implementation and continuous improvement activities.
In addition to possessing a relevant apprenticeship, applicants need to be flexible, possess good problem-solving skills and capable of working both as a team and alone in a high-volume manufacturing environment
Work within a team environment, display excellent communication skills and can establish good working relationships across Manufacturing and Maintenance teams.
* Completion of a recognised apprenticeship in Electrical engineering, with additional skills in secondary skill
* Reliable and good communicator who works well as part of a team.
* Adaptable to change and flexibility to work in all areas of the manufacturing operations.
* Demonstrated competence in Maintenance processes
* PLC (Allen Bradley) and Vision (Cognex) desirable
* Self-motivated, reliable and highly organised
* Excellence for safety, understanding of HASAWA
* Understanding and compliance of Health and Safety Regulations
* Fault diagnosis, ability and persistence to overcome a problem
* Ability to generate ideas for improved engineering solutions
* Proven technical ability
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy