Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Machinery Service & Maintenance
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
Adecco are currently recruiting for an Industrial Boiler Engineer / Pipe Fitter for a well known Steel Manufacturers in the Rotherham area.
The Boiler Attendant is responsible for the day-to-day monitoring, operation and first line maintenance of the Boiler Plant that provides essential services to the steel production plant working on a rotating shift pattern (days & nights).
The Job Role:
· The successful candidate would need to be in continuous contact with Production units to ensure steam is generated to match demand for a number of batch processes and that steam plant is available as required.
· They are required to monitor alarms from outside plant and utilities and report alarm conditions to Engineering Services functions.
· Required to provide routine maintenance and first line breakdown repairs, on all plant including basic mechanical and pipe-fitting repairs, modification and improvements.
· supervise deliveries of Boiler Plant chemicals, fuel oils and other commodities ensuring delivery procedures are adhered to.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be self-motivated as they are required to work unsupervised outside office hours and are responsible for determining priority's and to ensure continuity of services.
· Have a good understanding of the operation of boilers, water plant and the supply of fuels. Ideally the jobholder will have achieved Boiler Operation Accreditation Scheme (BOAS) Certified Industrial Boiler Operator (CertIBO) qualification
· Be able to work flexibly and apply urgency, reason and logic to breakdowns and incidents that occur
· must be familiar with basic computer applications (however training will be provided)
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy