IT - Helpdesk, Technical Support
· Job type
IT and Telecoms
· External Reference
Our Client is a global leader in digital services and provides Cloud Computing, Software & Systems Integration, Big Data & Security solutions within multiple sectors.
As part of the service offering to their customers, our client also provides world class customer support solutions.
As technology becomes more complex the need for exceptional talent increases.
We have some exciting entry level opportunities based in Crewe. We are looking for passionate and driven individuals who are keen to forge a career within the Information Technology Services industry. Our Client prides themselves on hiring, growing and retaining the very best talent, and we are therefore looking for candidates who want a career rather than a short-term assignment.
Full time position for 37 hours per week.
You must be flexible for working hours between 0700-1900 during core hours support
Rate of pay is £9.10p/hr
33 days Annual Leave - after 12-week service
Access to Adecco Lifestyle benefits
Reward and Recognition Programme
6-month contract via Adecco with a view to going permanent
We are looking for people who have…
Excellent communication skills
A passion for problem solving
Good communication skills with the ability to adapt and deal with all levels of seniority
Drive and motivation to provide excellent service even at busy times
Initiative to work alone and take responsibility for work, whilst working within a wider team
An interest in IT and a good level of 'day-to-day' computer skills
Ability to learn various processes with great attention to detail
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
The Job- 1 st Line Service Desk Agent
We are looking for candidates to support Government and Commercial customers. Focus is to delight the customers by offering a first-class service and to achieve this our client recognises the need to offer first class training and development to all candidates.
Your duties will include:
· Being the first port of call for major UK companies and services, such as Ministry of Justice, Metropolitan Police Service and Government Insolvency Service
· Troubleshooting issues on the phone with end users and providing fixes or referring to 3 rd line support teams
· Providing advice and guidance to callers where an issue is not relevant to IT support
· Delivering a high level of customer support to all users at all levels of seniority
· Raise tickets to relevant support teams for progression of end user faults and issues.
What we expect from you…
Customer service first - Call handlers are dedicated to delivering an excellent level of service to all users. This isn't a position where you read from a script, you will need to act on initiative whilst being polite, professional and friendly at all times.
Keep a cool head - Due to the customers our client supports, demand is constantly changing. We are looking for candidates who can adapt and stay calm under pressure, work quickly and efficiently, and communicate well with their team to get the job done.
Eye on the prize - all members of the team are expected to contribute to the success of the desk. You will have regular feedback on your call quality, accuracy of written work, and targets as to calls per day and handling time. We are looking for candidates who are motivated by targets and have a genuine desire to deliver excellent results.
Keep it professional - Our Client takes pride in having a friendly and welcoming workplace with a high level of professionalism. There is a dress down policy in place every Friday with business casual dress Mon-Thurs that emphasises comfort and individuality and offers an alternative to suits, ties and the formality of traditional business attire.
Right on time - Our Client service relies on having all the team logged in and ready to assist at your scheduled start time. This enables them to forecast and schedule effectively to meet the demand of the customers.
Working hours - to meet the demands of the customers, successful applicants will follow a shift pattern. All agents will need to be flexible to start work as early as 7am and finish as late as 7pm on a rota basis.
What you can expect from Our Client…
· Teams games, competitions and charity days
· Dress down day every Friday
· Department competitions and rewards- vouchers, time back, chocolates and treats for meeting targets, receiving excellent customer feedback or going the extra mile to help your team
· Break and kitchen facilities, with tea, coffee and juice provided
· Excellent training and support to develop and progress in the company
· 1-2-1 meetings throughout the year
· Adecco corporate benefits with retailers and services, as well as free eye test vouchers
· Employee Assistance Programme for help and advice on health, wellbeing and finance issues
· Easy online timesheet system with weekly pay
· Dedicated Adecco on-site support
· Site located centrally with excellent bus and rail links
All applicants will be required to pass a security check to take up an assignment with our client. The levels of security clearance vary depending on the client you are supporting, however please advise us if any of the below apply to you:
· You have any unspent convictions on your record (including driving offences)
· You are currently serving a driving ban
· You have a spent conviction, a previous caution or other recorded incident with the police
· Either of the above apply to a member of your immediate family (parents, step-parents, siblings, partner, children)
· You have lived outside of the UK within the past 5 years (this is not necessarily a barrier to application, but applicants may be required to obtain a 'Certificate of Good Conduct' from the country they were a resident of, at their own expense)
· You have had any CCJs or Bankruptcy agreements ordered against you
· You have been dismissed from a previous job
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy