Wimbledon, Greater London
£ 15.53 - £ 18.27 / Hour
Accountancy & Finance - Public Sector Accountancy & Finance
· Job type
· External Reference
Adecco are currently rectruiting for a DEBT RECOVERY OFFICER to work for a Local Authority in WANDSWORTH.
DEBT RECOVERY OFFICER
FULL TIME - 36 HOURS PER WEEK
TEMPORARY ROLE - 3 MONTHS MINIMUM - EXTENSION LIKELY
£15.53 TO £18.27 PER HOUR
To undertake debt recovery work for the Adult Social Services directorate in an effective and timely manner to maximize income whilst dealing with vulnerable service users and possible complex cases.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (Scale 6):
· To make or receive contact with service users or their representatives by phone or letter with a view to discussing outstanding invoices to obtain payment in a professional and courteous manner and resolve any disputes or queries there may be.
· To deal with general recovery matters and progress these to a suitable conclusion.
· To maintain records and systems and produce standard reports and information as and when required including working with the Finance Team during end of year closing.
· To maintain an up to date knowledge of social care charging policies to provide advice and support to stakeholders as and when required.
· To monitor the deferred payment property portfolio with a view to ensuring that the property valuation is current and up to date, there is suitable insurance cover and we have adequate security as covered by the Care and Statutory Support Guidance issued by the Department of Health.
· To allocate service user contributions as appropriate, to take service user payments over the phone and to prepare write off documentation and process once authorised.
· To identify and report cases where there may be fraud, misappropriation or misuse of service user's funds in line with the Council's Safeguarding and fraud procedures.
· To ensure that the services for both Councils are dealt with on an equitable basis to deliver the standards required for each, as agreed annually by the Executives of both Councils.
· To advise and support managers on relevant matters affecting the service.
· To work as required in ways that develop good working relations and collaborative internal and external stakeholders particularly Shared Legal Services, Care Team, Financial Assessment Team and Transactional Services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (Scale SO1):
· To deal with complex recovery matters and progress these to a suitable conclusion with possible court action if necessary and produce a recovery strategy throughout detailing action to take during progress of the matter.
· To agree strategies and actions plans for resolving individual debt cases, involving liaison with the Councils' legal service, Social Work Teams and other officers to progress debt recovery action and resolve complex cases, involving vulnerable services, their families/or their legal representatives.
· To prepare and maintain detailed reports to inform Management about debt recovery cases, strategies and financial aspects.
· To lead on administering the Deferred Payments Scheme without supervision.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (Scale SO2):
· To lead on collection and recovery for complex cases, agreeing action plans and coordinating input to debt recovery action from Social Work Teams, Financial Assessments Teams, the Transactional Services contractor and the Shared Legal Service.
· To represent the Council at court hearings as and when required.
· To present reports at Management meetings and prepare briefings on individual cases for senior managers, as and when appropriate.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy