ABOUT FAIRMONT SINGAPORE AND SWISSÔTEL THE STAMFORD
Ranked 7 th in Top 10 most attractive employers in Singapore – Randstad Employer Brand Research 2018
Come and join our team at RC Hotels! An exciting and fulfilling career awaits!
We are searching for a diverse group of passionate individuals to work in our two NEWLY REFURBISHED hotels. Seated conveniently right above City Hall MRT station, we are located within Raffles City Shopping Centre. It is never a dull day within the hotel complex which consists of 13 Food and Beverage establishments, one of Asia’s largest and award-winning Willow Stream Spa and the cutting edge event and function space, Raffles City Convention Centre.
We believe the finest hospitality experience begins with our colleagues. It is our mission to provide everyone with equal opportunities for growth and success.
Hand in hand with our global team, we strive to provide a safe and dynamic working environment for all.
Be a part of something big, we will love to hear from you!
Junior Sous Chef. Gardemanager
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Sous Chef, Gardemanger, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Assist the Sous Chef in scheduling of working hours of all his/her kitchen employees, taking into consideration the volume of expected business but being careful at all times to conserve labour cost
· Assign in detail, specific duties to all employees under his/her supervision and instructs them in their work
· Work very closely with the Floor Steward, whose duty is to keep kitchen areas clean and orderly
· Ensure meticulous cleanliness and orderliness
· Ensure personal cleanliness and proper deportment of all employees under his/her supervision
· Work very closely with the Sous Chef in determining quality and quantity of food materials used with a view of eliminating waste and spoilage, especially meats, fish, products, etc
· Discuss with the Sous Chef and recommends menu price adjustments when he/she feels they are warranted and determines prices of unlisted food items with guidance of the Sous Chef
· Responsible for the quality of all food items prepared in the kitchen
· Supervise according to the standard recipes and check for taste, temperature and visual appeal
· Ensure all dishes are uniform and that established portion sizes are adhered to as per the specifications set out by the Executive Sous Chef
· Ensure that spoiled or damaged serving utensils are not into use
· Watch particularly for cracked or chipped china, glasswares and trains his staff to follow this rule
· Bring notice of any non-usable products to the Stewarding Supervisor to record as breakage and insures that par levels of equipment are kept up to date
· Prevent the use of contaminated products in any phase of food preparation and prevent colleagues who are ill or suffering from an infection from taking part in the preparation or handling of food
· Constantly on the alert for new products which may improve quality of food or lower food cost or both
· Make suggestions to the Sous Chef and Executive Sous Chef concerning improvements which would tend to make more satisfied customers and/or increase volume of business or profit for the Hotel and the restaurant
· Check maintenance of all equipment located in the area he supervises
· Make every attempt to prevent the damage of loss of any property and immediately alerts the Sous Chef so action can be taken
· Adherence to budgeted headcounts for his outlet according to hotel’s budget and business level (labour payroll is direct collation to revenue and budget)
· Ensure high level of food safety management system including HACCP , ISO 22000 food safety management system, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards are complied in his department
· Ensure that all safety, health, security and loss control policies and procedures and Government legislation are adhered to
· Minimum 4 years of culinary experience
· Prior experience in a hotel will be an advantage
· Diploma in Culinary
· Good computer knowledge
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit: http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ or www.swissotel.com/EN/Careers/RECRUITMENT/join+us.htm to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.