• Modifies working methods to comply with the brand philosophy
• Integrates, trains and supervises apprentices, Commis Chefs, dishwashers and Chefs de Partie
• Helps employees develop their skills to the best of their ability and provides support for career development
• Develops attractive menus and creates standard recipe cards with pictures according to the hotel’s policy. Inspect and monitor storerooms, refrigerators and freezers daily to ensure no wastage.
• Control costs by minimizing spoilage, utilizing food surpluses and portion controls.
• Ensures that only the freshest and highest quality products in the market are purchased for all Culinary outlets.
• Ensures the respect and due application of the rules of hygiene and security in the department, particularly HACCP standards
• Ensures that food items are stored in compliance with current food hygiene standards: pantry storage, fish, meat etc.
• Checks that employees' uniforms are clean and in good condition