Golf Meet & Greet Assistant (Seasonal)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Fairmont Golf team in 2020. The position of Meet & Greet Assistant is a seasonal position from April - October and will involve working predominantly Sunday to Wednesdays. In this role you will be the first point of contact for our golfing guests, ensuring they receive a warm ‘Fairmont’ welcome and are made familiar with the facilities we have available to them.
Set on a 520 acre estate with a unique coastal setting in the Home of Golf, Fairmont St Andrews is the perfect location to turn any holiday into a treasured memory whilst offering a resort experience steeped in the history of the area and traditions of Scotland. The Resort includes 209 luxurious guest bedrooms, 6 diverse dining outlets, 2 golf courses and a tranquil Spa & Leisure facility
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Golf Operations Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Consistently offers professional, friendly and engaging service.
· To provide all visitors to the golf courses with a warm welcome ensuring that they are made familiar with the facilities available to them.
· Assist golfers with equipment from bag drop area up to the pro-shop.
· Take advantage of upselling opportunities in order to generate additional sales on service and retail items.
· Keep outside areas by clubhouse clean and presentable at all times.
· Assist outside operations staff in maintaining tidiness of driving range and short game areas.
· Start golf groups from the 1 st tee ensuring all relevant information is provided (by prior notice).
· Assist outside services staff in setting up guests’ golf bags on rental items.
· Other jobs at the request of Golf Operations Manager
· Must play golf or have a good understanding of the game
· Previous experience is an asset
· Excellent communication and organisational skills
· Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
· Highly responsible & reliable
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
· Constant standing and walking throughout shift
· Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
· Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
· Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid work authorisation for the UK.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!