As Engineering Supervisor your responsibility will be to assist the Director, Engineering and Assistant Director, Engineering to plan, direct, control and coordinate the activities in the Engineering department. This will include the operation and maintenance of all electrical and mechanical equipment throughout hotel and the Energy Management System (EMS).
If creating memories and being part of an exceptional guest experience appeals to you, you may be interested in joining the outstanding team of hospitality professionals at Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. Located in Washington's fashionable West End, The Fairmont surrounds you with comfort and luxury and is the ideal environment to foster your career.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
· Monitor the Energy Management System (EMS) daily and provide reports and follow up as requested
· Assist with training and supervision of the EMS system for other Engineering team members
· Work closely with other departments and assist with developing and implementing systems and procedures for the preventative maintenance and repair of all machines, equipment and fixtures used in the hotel and schedule for timely repairs
· Supervise and monitor the performance and daily activities of the Engineering team and coordinate job assignments with the ADOE
· Assist with managing the Engineering department’s utilities cost, advise and confer with ADOE and DOE on the effective and conservative use of heat, lights, and power programs and policies in order to maintain low energy costs
· Ensure adhering to monthly budget guidelines
· Participate in efforts to evaluate and update administrative systems that relates to the spare parts and supplies, time and materials, inventory control, preventive maintenance and work order system to provide the hotel with the most up-to-date programs and procedures
· Assist with planning and facilitating monthly staff communication meetings to increase staff awareness about energy consumption, share updates with the EMS system and conduct monthly training.
· Ensure proper safe work policies and procedures are being adhered to at all times
· Respond to guest requests (via Royal Service) promptly and professionally to exceed service expectations
· Maintain daily log book updates with proper follow up as necessary when covering Duty Engineer shifts
· Analyze trends in utility consumption report and predict energy forecast and set up energy conservation programs
· High School graduate or College degree in related field
· Certification in Energy Management System preferred
· Minimum two year Engineering Trade Course certificate
· Minimum 2 years previous supervisory experience in Engineering
· Technical knowledge of electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing and all areas of engineering.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
· Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
· Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
· Strong computer knowledge on Energy Management and Utilities software, Microsoft, Excel, etc.
· Experience in Information Technology Programming related to EMS systems
· Ability to lead and direct others
· Flexible schedule required
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
· Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Must be able to lift, carry, reach, push/pull at least 50lbs
Frequently bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
· Occasional descending or ascending ladders, stairs and ramps
Must be able to provide or obtain work authorization in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!