Dry Cleaner, Presser
The Dry Cleaner is responsible for the daily cleaning of guest and colleague laundry and dry cleaning.
Hotel Overview: Located in the heart of vibrant downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba -- at the historic corner of Portage and Main -- Fairmont Winnipeg luxury hotel extends the naturally warm reception of the Prairies. Just step outside our Winnipeg hotel and the city is at your feet.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Laundry Manager , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Demonstrates Fairmont Service Promise Standards and Fairmont Values in all interactions with guests and colleagues.
· Reports any equipment challenges to engineering and works with them to solve issues.
· Ensures overnight pressing is done by the time guest had required.
· Adheres to Fairmont Brand standards related to laundry and dry cleaning.
· Sorts and tags all guest, colleague dry cleaning and laundry.
· Posts all guest laundry, dry cleaning charges to the proper room number.
· Ensures all invoices are in the night audit mailbox by the end of the shift.
· Ensures all guest & colleague dry cleaning and laundry is done by 3:00 pm.
· Adheres to Health & Safety policy and ensuring safe work practices are followed at all times.
· Adheres to the Fairmont Hotels Environmental policies and procedures.
· Previous dry cleaning or laundry experience is preferred (1year minimum)
· Basic knowledge of dry cleaning equipment and a sound technical awareness is required.
· Working knowledge of laundry procedures (washing, folding, sorting
· Basic chemical knowledge- WHMIS training is an asset.
· Initiative, a positive attitude, and excellent teamwork skills
· Ability to work with minimum supervision and attention to detail in a busy environment
· Good communication skills for guest and colleague interactions.
· Physically able to complete all tasks, ie, lift up to 20 + lbs at a time able to stand for up to 8 hours per day.
Visa Requirements: To be eligible for employment with Fairmont Winnipeg, you must be in possession of a working visa for Canada. We do not provide offer letters to applicants seeking to get their work visas. Applicants must have their work visas in place prior to applying.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!