Legal professionals at Accenture deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture and our clients' business objectives, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure compliance with laws and company policies. Accenture offers a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
A hands-on transactional role supporting the complex deals within Accenture's Australia and New Zealand business across a broad range of industries, service types, emerging technologies and offerings.
The Legal team provides and manages all legal advice and support to Accenture. Legal prides itself on providing objective, focused, commercially relevant advice and solutions based on a deep understanding of the law and Accenture's business. The role is dynamic and demanding with opportunities to work on leading edge technology and service offerings. The Legal team works closely with each deal team to find ways to achieve our clients' and our own objectives in a competitive environment whilst managing risk as well as compliance with contractual obligations, policies and obligations at law.
As a member of the Legal team, you are expected to be a steward for Accenture's business and people, and an exemplar of Accenture's core values.
As part of the Legal team you will lead the negotiations of and support a portfolio of complex deals across different industries and types of offering, with the following key responsibilities:
· Advise deal teams on shaping of the business opportunity within the transaction
· Work with finance, solution and commercial teams to identify and manage issues across the transaction and architect workable solutions
· Work with deal teams to develop effective negotiating strategies
· Form part of the negotiation team and lead the legal negotiations to conclude the contractual documents
· Manage the escalation process for key legal and commercial risks
· Prepare and provide briefings to legal and business approvers, and other stakeholders.
Ideal candidate profile
· Minimum 6-8 years post-qualifying experience
· Admitted to legal practice in Australia
· Deep experience in technology and/or relevant complex commercial transactions that demonstrates a high degree of transactional responsibility
· Previous experience in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal group for an IT services vendor would be of assistance in performing this role
· Understanding of and experience in Australian Government and State government procurement desirable
· Australian Government security clearance also desirable
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· Intellectual curiosity to continuously learn about new technologies and market trends and an ability to adapt to rapidly changing services and offerings including identifying and managing new risks as they arise
· Resilient under high pressure; able to balance between moving a deal forward and maintaining objectivity about the soundness of the deal and compliance with Accenture principles and standards
· Demonstrated ability to lead the legal support for complex systems integration, outsourcing and technology transactions. Experience in digital, SaaS and cloud transactions would be a bonus.
· Demonstrated business/commercial acumen
· Solutions orientated mindset with the ability to structure client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective (“thinking outside the square”)
· Strong negotiation skills with a proven ability to lead contract negotiations and to deal directly with senior client counsel and negotiating teams
· Confidence in working and communicating with all levels of management
· Innovative mindset and not constrained by how things are typically done
· Ability to oversee, counsel, guide, train and support other members of the legal team, and manage external legal support
· Ability to independently manage drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional documents and correspondence on a range of transactions
· Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate as part of a broader and diverse team
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialised capabilities across more than 40 industries – powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.