ETL Data Engineer
· Join a team that’s changing how Australia lives, works, plays and grows
· We want you to be the best version of you
Work with innovative teams and explore new technologies to help solve real-world problems.
We can help you build the career you dream of. Our success relies on ensuring our people enjoy the inspiring challenges, exceptional experience and flexibility they need to succeed at every stage of their career. As a leading professional services company with more than 477,000 people working across 120 countries, your career can take many exciting paths spanning digital, strategy, consulting, technology and operations. As part of a global diverse workforce you will help change how Australia lives, works, plays and grows. Join us, learn from the best people and let challenging, interesting and enjoyable work become part of daily life.
A typical day as a Data Engineer
ETL / Big Data Engineering professionals will be responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a Data solution, including:
· Working in highly client-facing roles to contribute throughout the end-to-end delivery lifecycle of complex and large-scale digital solutions
· Use case and business case development
· Support existing and new applications utilizing in-depth technical and data knowledge. Troubleshooting complex issues and providing advisory services to improve the client’s data landscape
· Help to streamline and simplify the clients’ complex data landscape by integrating different applications and data architectures
· Implementation from requirements analysis, platform selection, digital architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment
· Interstate travel may be required
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience across systems integration, information management, data management and architecture, and business analytics
· Experience with being in a team focusing on large-scale, multi-release information centric projects
· Experience with waterfall and agile delivery and run / application support functions
· Part of a team working on End to end implementation of at least 1 big data project
Ideal candidate profile
Hand on experience in Data warehousing using ETL tools such as DataStage, Autosys and TeraData
Hands on experience in ETL job development with multiple stages like sequential file, Transformer, Lookup, join, sort and Database stages.
Strong hand on skills in design, development and implementation of various data remediation, Data migration, data integration techniques.
Strong hand on data modelling experience.
Strong hands on experience in database performance tuning including complex query optimizations and physical database tuning using Teradata.
Understanding of architectural designs and strategy related to data migration, data cleansing, data quality and data consolidation.
Proven data analysis, requirement gathering and problem-solving skills
Exposure to Unix environment and shell scripting.
Experience in Banking and Financial services industry
· Desirable: Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 513,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Vera Goga is the Recruiter managing this role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely process.