Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking an experienced Software Automation Tester / Strategist . Responsibilities include activities throughout the entire software development life cycle. Primary areas of responsibility include: Software Integration and Automated Infrastructure Testing, Automation Strategies.
· Develop automated test cases, frameworks strategies, tools and scripts for windows client-based application.
· Execute automated tests, report on execution status and troubleshoot framework test case and application problems.
· Ability to objectively focus and lead automation team to higher and more consistent successful execution cadence.
· Evaluate automation candidates, priorities and approaches currently utilized. Challenge existing processes and propose alternative solutions.
· Breakdown manual test case into manageable and maintainable automation test units while maintaining test coverage.
· Report on software defects.
· Play integral and supporting role in all testing cycles such as smoke, in-sprint testing, regression and UAT/formal.
· Learn and evaluate new approaches and tools that improve testing efficiencies on ongoing basis. Performing test planning and estimation activities to make sure underlying software changes are covered.
· Actively participate in software change reviews to define required testing scope.
· Provide support for fault isolation, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis activities during system integration and testing for systems in development and on-Market.
· This is a hands on lead position.
· Activities will be under the guidance of a software testing supervisor or manager.
· Activities will be focused on developing broad system knowledge and expertise in more than one functional area.
· Accountable for meeting deliverable commitments including schedule and quality requirements.
· Must have skills to plan and schedule own work activities, coordinate activities with others software test engineers.
· B.S. in Computer Science or similar engineering discipline including Software Engineering or Biomedical Engineering is required. MS is preferred.
· 10+ years experience covering the entire software systems lifecycle (systems requirements definition through design validation) in a team environment including providing technical leadership.
· Requires experience in Microsoft Visual C++ or .NET technology with emphasis in object-oriented analysis and design.
· 5+ years experience with a broad range of software testing tools, such as debuggers, code coverage, and path analysis.
· 5+ years experience in a laboratory environment. 5+ years experience with Microsoft Windows applications.
· 5+ years experience with automated testing and simulator tools.
· Ability to apply the latest software design and development tools and techniques as required. --Configuration Management.
· Utilize CI tools to automate tasks and routine procedures.
· Understand FDA Regulations, adhere to and enforce established software testing practices and strategies.
· Experience in agile and lean delivery concepts and methodologies.
· Strong knowledge of continuous integration platforms, application release automation tools for embedded Windows based client applications.
· Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.