MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
Provide leadership to the production teams to deliver the business results and expectations on a day to day basis. This position requires training in human resources/people skills, quality systems, and manufacturing processes. The position is responsible for ensuring that standard production processes are maintained and that safety, quality and production volumes are met.
- People Management: Lead (organize, plan, direct and control) his/her production teams to achieve the expected quality, production schedule, staffing and safety goals. Motivates and energizes personnel to obtain top performance. Ensures adequate communication to staff of all required HR related information.
- Develop and execute the required plans to accomplish the production goals, which include productivity indicators, schedule adherence, quality, cost and service while maintaining a safe environment. Have full responsibility / ownership of his/her area of production. This includes design and implementation of systems to evaluate the state of efficiency and compliance of his/her area of production.
- Ensures compliance within work groups with internal and external regulatory requirements (FDA, TUV, etc.). Responsible to report quality issues immediately and be closely involved in their investigation and solution.
- Supervisory responsibility for production teams including personnel scheduling, evaluating discipline, coaching, selection and training of staff.
- Reconciles with prior or following supervisor to ensure that the transition between shifts is adequate.
- Serve as liaison with the other production supervisors (from sister plants or sending sites) in sharing of product, process or equipment related information.
- Prepare reports to communicate production progress, accomplishments and issues on a frequent basis. This may include leading daily meetings with staff and peers to discuss issues and determine future production schedules. Evaluates and validates daily production metrics and establishes mechanisms to ensure that all processes are in compliance with standard procedures.
- Promotes and support continuous improvement by implementing and monitoring processes to increase quality, reduce cost and improve overall team productivity.
- Bachelor degree Industrial Eng., administration or similar careers.
- 3-5 years of supervisory, prefer experience in a medical device, pharmaceutical, or electronic industry.
- Intermediate command of English
- Computer skills.
- Proven knowledge of ISO and quality systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency on manufacturing systems used to collect data and control/monitor processes. For example, SFA, SAP, Kronos, or similar.
- Availability to travel for long periods (6-8 weeks)
- Knowledge of Costa Rica laws applicable to direct labor operators is a plus.
- Desirable additional education/certifications related to medical industry. For example, CQE, 6Sigma black belt, lean coach, problem solving techniques, etc.