Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Product Development Technician II to join our team in the Plymouth, MN. The Product Development Technician will participate as required within Research and Development on various engineering efforts for new product development for Abbott Structural Interventions Project. Responsible for performing various technical tasks on a variety of R&D projects as assigned by engineering. These tasks include, but are not limited to prototyping, primarily braided Nitinol devices and delivery systems, test method development and execution, fixture design and fabrication.
- Coordinate and execute building of prototypes/products per engineering design and instruction as required.
- Work with engineering on build/test fixturing.
- Participate as required within R&D on various engineering efforts for new product development.
- Assist in the generation of documentation (i.e. drawings, specs, procedures, travelers, etc.) required to support new product development projects.
- Troubleshoot and suggest creative solutions to design and testing issues.
- Ability to prioritize work, sequencing and timing of different projects based on the level of importance.
- Follow safety guidelines and utilize appropriate safety devices.
- Create and Maintain accurate records to recreate desired build processes and designs.
- Willingness for active participation, active listening, interpreting, cooperation and flexibility to allow for a successful self-managed team.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, problems and solutions to engineers.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS),
- Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience, including ability to prototype products and fixtures, product testing and test methods, and/or experience working with metal/catheter manufacturing processes
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish assigned tasks
- Medical device manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of Solidworks and/or Minitab
DIVISION:SH Structural Heart
LOCATION:United States > Minnesota > Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf