Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Job Description Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
The Ingredient Storage area is responsible for receiving, storing and staging all raw materials (bulk and non-bulk) for the Processing department. Responsible for assisting QA in sampling and releasing ingredients. Responsible for the use of a Personal Computer (PC) in order to receive and issue ingredients. The Ingredient Storage Material Handler is responsible for: Operating a forklift to unload, correctly store and stage materials/ingredients. Sampling and unloading liquids (hazardous and non-hazardous) from tankers. Assist QA with sampling and releasing ingredients. Adhere and perform all housekeeping and sanitation assignments guidelines and procedures as required, including safe operation of equipment. To perform and support other work related duties as assigned.
Some tasks (but not limited to) required in the Ingredient Storage Area:
- Receive all raw materials in a timely manner
- Ensure all supplier documentation is complete and correct
- Accurately stages all raw materials needed for production
- Accurately cycle counts all raw materials prior to unloading
- Ensures all raw materials are staged correctly and timely for production
- Ensures all transactions associated with returns to stock are accurate
- Accurately completes Store Req's and InterPlant Transfers (IPT) generated by QA and or other customers
- Accurately closes all Batch Records within the AMAPS/MITS Inventory System in a timely manner when production has been completed
- Adhere to all Corporate and Division policies and SOP's
· Accurately stages all raw materials needed for production
· Accurately cycle counts all raw materials
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
· Forklift and/or Portable Hand truck Certification required
· Knowledgeable of inventory control system: i.e. MITS, AMAPS, and Microsoft Office
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and associated skills
· Strong analytical/problem solving skills
Accountability / Scope/Budget:
Failure to effectively perform in this position could result in: production shutdowns and out of stock situations. Corporate, SQF and FDA violations and/or observations. Lost opportunities to manufacture products due to lack of raw materials.