Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
HAVE YOU EVER DREAM OF MAKING AN IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
How? Become a Manufacturing Technician at Abbott Caguas, Puerto Rico.
As a Manufacturing Technician you will s upport and improve the production process through mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic modifications. Improve process reliability, quality and productivity.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
- Support, troubleshot and evaluate new and existing automated manufacturing equipment/ system.
- Perform equipment and tooling setups in the production line. Provides maintenance to manufacturing equipment. Complete/prepare applicable documentation reporting all inspection results and based on results inspection, allows release of goods to the next process.
- Daily support to manufacturing reducing downtime and quality issues. Use the troubleshooting methodology to help solve advanced problems in the production line.
- Develop mastery on the equipment and production process. Execute and coordinate equipment, process and product validation activities. Work in technology transfers helping in the equipment procedures and manufacturing validations.
- Design and implement equipment and process modifications by working with the engineering department. Participate in the design, fabrication and start up of automated production equipment.
- Implement new set-ups and train others as appropriate. Maintain the equipment documentation, manuals and drawings. Introduce equipment changes required to run new products and or modifications to existing ones.
- Ensure compliance with all procedures and all applicable regulatory agency requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
CAN’T WAIT TO GET STARTED?
To be successful in this role, you will require the following qualifications:
- Associate degree on technical field (electronics /industrial mechanics).
- 3+ years of relevant experience in manufacturing regulated role.
- Experience with GMP, ISO, and FDA requirements is preferred.
- Experience with manufacturing and automated equipment, such as PLC software programming and troubleshooting.
- Flexible and adaptable due to rapid changes in product demand and project priority, team player, self-starter, keen to acquire new skills.
- Fully bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Computer literacy in programs as; Excel, Word & Power Point.