Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott Diabetes Care our focus is to help people with diabetes lead healthier, happier lives. That’s why we’re dedicated to developing the next generation of technology that will provide glucose readings faster, and with less inconvenience, to help patients take charge of their diabetes.
Reporting to the US Commercial IT Senior Manager, the Consumer Business Analyst will help execute programs and projects, effectively integrating solutions with our omni-channel digital portfolio and positioning our Freestyle Libre brand in the US marketplace to drive consumer awareness of our life-changing product.
Primary Job Scope:
- Responsible for building and maintaining expertise in Consumer program and services, candidates should have experience in best-practice consumer facing services and technologies, including but not limited to - web and content management systems (CMS), marketing automation, integrations, mobile apps, databases, analytics and operations.
- Have a keen understanding of key operational metrics and performance indicators used, and have real-world experience implementing consumer programs.
- Proactively analyze business processes; elicit, analyze, and document business requirements to obtain an in-depth understanding of our products and their requirements
- Produce high-quality, build-ready documentation that meets applicable standards, is appropriate for the product use, and is understandable to its intended audience.
- Identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing IT technology and considers regulations relevant to the business area.
- Proactively identifies areas of opportunity to apply IT for new business opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiencies.
Take a global perspective on tools, platforms, processes to synergize learnings across diverse regions within ADC
- Day-to-day divisional analyst for translating Consumer programs, service and analytical needs into aligned IT solution proposals.
- Provides insight to the business units on how to best develop and leverage IT capabilities for the organization.
- Drives successful project execution through a cross-functional Agile team.
- Perform or aid in the analysis, requirements specification, design, and implementation of systems and programs for the area of expertise.
- Influence and partner with business leaders (Manager, Director) to manage and align the process specific IT portfolio and explore IT synergies and efficiencies.
- Partner with cross functional teams to translate insights from commercial analytics into inform programs
- Proactively identifies areas of opportunity to apply IT for new business opportunities, process improvements, and cost efficiencies.
- Lead project teams responsible for selection of technology strategy for specific business unit.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures. Responsible for assessing the compliance of system solutions with regulatory requirements, inclusive of validation.
- Collaborate closely with privacy and security teams to ensure compliance with federal/state laws and organizational policies
- Champions change and innovation. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others while being open to new ideas and supporting those who initiate change and take risks.
- Recommends solutions assuring fit with business unit direction, strategy and priorities.
- Closely collaborate with other disciplines like corporate IT, Engineering, and business process owners in the business unit.
- Collaborates with unit management and global BRM, on the portfolio of programs, projects, and applications, and ensures long range planning and budgets are aligned.
Continually looks for opportunities for cost reductions and cost avoidance.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of IT or business experience in large or mid-sized multinational organization
- IT or business expertise in one or more areas specific to the supported business process.
- Broad IT or business expertise in various disciplines like application development or cloud infrastructure.
Experience with large scale Consumer-facing digital programs (web, apps, integrations, analytics) implementations on the business or technology side.
- Have successfully worked with a SCRUM Agile team, helping the business Product Owner size and prioritize business stories and ensuring the team is adhering to Agile principles.
- Additional experience in setting IT or business strategy and business IT alignment. Strong project management skills.
- Strong interdisciplinary, and excellent intercultural influence, and networking skills.
- Strong influence and negotiating skills.
- Experience leading teams - both with direct staff and indirect project teams.
- Experience using or writing requirements for Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Workfront and Power BI