Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of healthcare products including diagnostics, medical devices and nutritionals products. In Ireland, Abbott employs over 4,000 people across nine sites. We have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. Abbott has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin and Galway. We have been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Ireland Diagnostic Division – Longford:
Abbott established a diagnostics manufacturing facility in Sligo in 1994 to manufacture blood-screening products and reagents.
In 2004, Abbott’s operations in Ireland expanded with the opening of a second facility in Longford. The plant was first occupied in December 2004, and the first product (Architect® TSH) was launched in December of 2005.
The Longford facility plays a key role in helping Abbott to meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
Abbott in Longford manufactures 18 diagnostic reagent products for thyroid function, fertility, and pregnancy, cardiology, renal and metabolic. Our products are manufactured to the highest standards of quality and are regulated by bodies such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
The primary responsibility of the Associate Quality Professional - TCP includes c onducting quality-related activities to deliver consistent, high-quality documents, services, products, and processes.
- General Area: Budgets own time to carry out assigned duties that support business goals. Interacts constructively with employees, managers, and cross-functional peers. Completes compliant documentation and provides solutions to local problems of low scope and complexity. Supports project work and acts as a community member.
Quality System Compliance: Maintains awareness of industry regulatory standards. Ensures compliance with site level policies and procedures by promptly reporting non-compliance issues to the department manager. Works effectively within the team.
Risk Management: Applies basic Risk Management principles to work.
Problem Solving: Receives general direction. Makes simple decisions. Carries out tasks related to the area of responsibility with management oversight.
- Complaint Evaluation: Investigates standard complaints. Provides solutions to local problems.
Design Control / Documentation & Change Control: Identifies needs.Provides reasons and justifications in support of the change.
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- Apprenticeship or Bachelor’s degree in Life Science, Engineering, or closely related discipline is required OR a relevant combination of education or experience.
- 0-2 years of work experience in this job area.
- Quality or related field experience preferred.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of regulatory requirements in the healthcare environment.
Visit Abbott at https://www.ie.abbott/ and connect with us on Twitter at @AbbottNews.