Auto req ID
This position will perform a full range of federal and state income tax compliance functions for various Volvo U.S. companies with multi-state activities. This position is based in Greensboro, North Carolina and is part of the Volvo global corporate tax department.
· Prepare U.S. federal and state/local income and franchise tax returns, extensions, and estimates for assigned companies and process related tax payments
· Prepare combined income tax returns for Volvo U.S. Group in selected states
· Prepare monthly income tax provisions based on IFRS accounting standards and maintain related tax accounts in general ledger
· Prepare quarterly transfer pricing calculations and assist with annual documentation
· Maintain and reconcile tax fixed assets and depreciation
· Assist in researching routine tax issues
· Respond to notices from tax authorities
· Assist with tax audits
· Provide tax-related information and support to various global tax personnel, internal business contacts and external service providers
· Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrating basic technical knowledge of federal and state tax rules with a general understanding of financial accounting.
· Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required – or higher – standards and pitching-in to get the job done.
· Planning/Organization: Prioritizing and managing tasks to meet deadlines; managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
· Teamwork: Working effectively with others and sharing information and resources within a matrix and team-based environment.
· Communication: Utilizing effective verbal and written communication skills to influence the actions, decisions, opinions or thinking of others.
· Organizational Sensitivity: Acting based on how individuals and organizational units function and react, using informal systems to get things done and obtaining support of key players.
Minimum Education and Experience:
· BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field from nationally accredited university
· 2-5 years of corporate tax experience with public accounting firm and/or multistate company, including specific experience preparing U.S. federal and state/local income tax returns
· MST, MAC or similar advanced degree preferred
· CPA license preferred
· Proficiency with tax return preparation and fixed asset systems (OneSource and Sage Fixed Assets preferred)
· Proficiency with data manipulation tools (Microsoft Excel required and Alteryx preferred)
· Proficiency with online tax research tools (Checkpoint and BNA preferred)
· Familiarity with accounting or ERP systems (SAP preferred)
Travel to U.S. locations as needed (< 5%)
Finance & Control
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Finance contributes to realizing the vision of the Volvo Group by developing and providing a wide range of expert services from financial planning to accounting, business controlling, M&As, real estate services, financial reporting and investor relations. With Volvo Group Finance you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify