Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
Mission/Purpose of the Internship:
This is an incredible opportunity to gain real world knowledge, putting logistics concepts to practice. The paid internship position will be working collaboratively, supporting analysis and improvement initiatives with the Transport Operations and Service Center Group located in Byhalia, MS. The intern will be responsible for working with various functional areas that span the Order to Delivery process, supporting activities including, but not limited to improving visual management through a Volvo Production System (VPS), Process mapping, generating and improving current supporting documents, performance indicator report analysis and improving training documents.
The internship role provides the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the student's career goals through contact with professionals in the field of study. The internship experience enables participation in professional activities for Volvo Group Service Market Logistics by working on projects for the Service Center team. The Intern position is a structured learning experience which includes working with Volvo professionals on projects within the organization. The internship allows for the integration of knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the incumbent and Volvo Group Service Market Logistics.
This internship will run May 18- August 14, 2020. Summer interns are required to work 40 hours or less per week.
Position Responsibilities, Tasks & Objectives:
• Update, organize, and Create Delivery Support documents that are used to support daily operations
• Handle research and data collection, system documentation updates and presentation document creation/updates
• Coordinate process mapping, time study and/or value stream mapping activities
• Assist with the assessment of performance indicator data records
• Support Service Center project activities
• Complete weekly writing assignments
• Conduct project-related presentations
Essential Skills & Required Experience:
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel (logic, lookup, reference formulas and visual basic), Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio and be able to quickly learn how to use transport management systems. Previous experience using Microsoft PowerBI highly desired
• A self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to meet tight project timelines
• Capable of seeing the "big picture" and applying lean concepts to an office setting
• A strong, analytical thinker and demonstrate effective problem solving skills
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Logistics Operations or Business Administration at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
• Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
Intern: Service Center (Summer 2020)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify