Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
Volvo Group Trucks Operations (GTO) is the truck industrial entity within the Volvo Group responsible for Truck manufacturing, including Cab & Vehicle Assembly, Powertrain Production, Logistics Services, Parts Distribution and Remanufacturing. Hagerstown's group function is Powertrain Production. Powertrain production is one of the world's largest manufacturer of heavy-duty diesel engines for commercial vehicles. Powertrain production provides diesel engines and transmission systems to the Volvo Group Business Areas.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Safety & Health Team as a Summer 2020 Safety and Health Intern . The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of occupational safety. As a valued member of the Safety & Health Team within GTO, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with various industrial safety and health topics including ergonomics, industrial hygiene, OSHA standards, risk assessment, and safety management processes. GTO's goal is to contribute to the student's development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Michael Bradley, Safety Supervisor.
· Health and Safety Tracking/Reporting/Metrics
· Conducting audits and inspections
· Performing Risk Assessments
· Updating and maintaining Occupational Health & Safety Management System documentation
· Partnering with the various business units to accomplish integrated objectives
· Interact with factory floor personnel on problem solving techniques
· Assisting Safety Manager and Safety Supervisor with a variety of projects at the discretion of supervisor Critical Competencies:
· Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team's tasks.
· Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
· Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
· Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
· Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments Intern Education and Program Requirements:
· Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Industrial Safety & Health, Safety Systems Management, Human Factors or similar at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
· Summer interns are required to work to work up to 40 hours per week
· Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
· Strong communication skills Personal Competencies:
· Customer Focus
· Technical Skills
· Peer Relationships
· Integrity and Trust
· Standing Alone
· Action Oriented
Intern: Safety and Health (Summer 2020)
Health & Safety
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify