Auto req ID
Service Market Logistics North America is part of Volvo Group Trucks Operations (GTO) and has approximately 1000 employees in more than 20 locations within the region. Our job is to design, handle, and optimize the supply chain for all Volvo Group brands. The scope for Service Market Logistics (SML) includes making sure material is delivered to the production facilities, packaging is available, vehicles are distributed to the dealers, and that management of material, warehouses and distribution ensures the availability of parts everywhere in the world. We make sure all logistics services are delivered with world class operational excellence.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Byhalia, MS Distribution Center as an Intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of logistics operations. As a valued member of the Byhalia Distribution Center, the student will have the opportunity to work directly to improve internal processes within the DC via structuring ways to collect, process and analyze data to support the operation. GTO's goal is to contribute to the student's development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Byhalia Volvo Production Systems Manager.
· Develop ways to extract information from current systems to support operational decisions
· Optimize and develop databases
· Create and optimize MS EXCEL templates supporting the operational needs
· Support with process data analysis
· Communicate with different stakeholders to support the implementations.
· Support the Continuous Improvement Program within the Distribution Center Critical Competencies:
· Fully proficient in MS ACCESS and MS EXCEL
· Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced supervisors, operators, etc.
· Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on assigned tasks, etc.
· Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments Intern Education and Program Requirements:
· Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
· Summer Interns can work up to 40 hours per week
· Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
· Strong communication skills Personal Competencies:
· Customer Focus
· Peer Relationships
· Integrity and Trust
· Standing Alone
· Action Oriented
· Learning on the Fly
Intern: Production Lean Systems (Summer 2020)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world's best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify