Auto req ID
Summary: This internship affords a student an opportunity to work with full time Parts Marketing professionals on important and innovative projects. He or she will work on assigned projects with agreed completion goals both independently and as a team. Work with global teams cross functionally, external vendors and dealers to contribute to the project's success.
The purpose of this internship will be to research, compile and organize aftermarket vendor parts information for the new Parts Information Management (PIM) system. The candidate should be skilled in Excel functions.
· Research aftermarket parts information for enriching parts content for Volvo systems
· Work with suppliers to obtain parts data and images for vendor parts
· Daily collaboration with Product Managers to validate accuracy of parts information in new PIM
· Assist with creating and organizing parts information in the new PIM system
· Identify different sources of competitive information
· Participate in testing and implementation of the new PIM system Essential Skills and Required Experience
· Strong attention to detail and quality of work
· Strong communication skills. Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably
· Ability to proactively seek out information needed to perform assigned duties
· Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of task simultaneously, responds positively to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
· Dependability/Reliability: Follow through and timely delivery on commitments, projects, and assigned tasks
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintaining strong working relationships
· Interest in truck industry
· Strong Excel skills including functions Minimum Education and Experience
· Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business, Marketing, or Computer Science at an accredited school and have a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
· Experience using Software platforms Administration tools
· Basic HTML skills
Intern: Parts Sales & Marketing – eCommerce (Summer 2020)
Marketing & Communication
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Founded in 1900, Mack Trucks - recognized around the world as “The American Truck You Can Count On” – to builds durable and reliable, application-driven vehicles that get the job done. An iconic brand, Mack embodies the American spirit: pioneering, hard-working, authentic and ambitious. With Mack Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify