Auto req ID
Group Trucks Technology
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Brake System and Vehicle Control Team as a Co-op - Mechanical Engineer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of chassis and vehicle dynamics engineering, mechanical design and component installation. As a valued member of the Brake System and Vehicle Control Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with braking systems, pneumatic systems, and air management systems on class 8 heavy-duty trucks. GTT's goal is to contribute to the student's development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the transport solution industry. This position will report to the Group Manager of Brake System and Vehicle Control Team.
· Create or update CAD Models, Part Drawings, and Installation Drawings with CREO-Parametric
· Verify component placement and packaging with surrounding vehicle components
· Release components in a formal engineering process to resolve maintenance items or for project deliveries
· Ensure component durability by performing FEA analysis methods and techniques
· Communicate status of upcoming deliveries during Daily Team Leadership meetings
· Apply Quality Tools to components and systems during the design phase Critical Competencies
· Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team's tasks.
· Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
· Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
· Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
· Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments. Internship Education and Program Requirements
· Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
· Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours per week.
· Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
· Strong communication skills.
· Valid US Work authorization. Personal Competencies
· Customer Focus
· Technical Skills
· Peer Relationships
· Integrity and Trust
· Standing Alone
· Action Oriented
Intern: Mechanical Engineering (Summer 2020)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify