Auto req ID
Group Trucks Technology
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Cab Engineering Project Management Office (PMO) as Intern-Mechanical Engineering. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of mechanical engineering. As a valued member of the PMO team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineering teams, project managers and quality managers. GTT's goal is to contribute to the student's development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Group Manager – Project Management Office (PMO).
· Work closely with Project managers to follow up on project deliveries and planning.
· Analyze and breakdown project scope to understand the direct impact on the overall quality, delivery, project/product cost and features of our projects.
· Maintain and support existing systems, tools, and admin support to other members of the team.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, analytic and critical thinking skills.
· Good understanding of Product development process's.
· Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team's tasks.
· Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
· Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
· Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
· Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Internship Education and Program Requirements
· Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree (Mechanical Engineering) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
· Interns are required to work 30 hours or less per week and must be enrolled in academic course during the Fall semester.
· Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
· Strong communication skills.
· Customer Focus
· Technical Skills
· Peer Relationships
· Integrity and Trust
· Standing Alone
· Action Oriented
Intern: Mechanical Engineering (Fall 2020)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify