Auto req ID
Group Trucks Technology
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Mack & VTNA Product Planning as Market Research and Analysis Intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering and product planning. As a valued member of the Trucks Product Planning within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with a variety of organizational units. GTT's goal is to contribute to the student's development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the transportation and manufacturing industry. This position will report to Director of Conventional Mack and VTNA Product Planning.
The hired Product Planning intern will have the opportunity to learn about the North America Class 8 Truck Industry while also having key responsibilities in supporting the Mack & VTNA Product Planning team in performing product, industry, and vehicle related service research, developing the truck product plan, and delivering product projects.
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment thus enhancing the students' academic and career goals. The Volvo Group Trucks Technology internship experience enables students to participate in professional R&D activities while also promoting the students career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. Volvo Group internships are structured learning experiences where interns and Volvo Group full-time professionals work together on assignments/projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and our organization.
· Support with class 8 vehicle product research + industry trend analysis
· Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of market information
· Capture market information and trends related to Vehicle Related Services, Battery Electric Vehicles, and Vehicle Automation
· Support Product Planning team members within the product projects ordering process
· Participate in product project internal team meetings
· Lead documentation of internal product planning processes
· Lead continuous improvement idea implementation for the product planning team
· Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team's tasks
· Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
· Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
· Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
· Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
Internship Education and Program Requirements:
· Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field, at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
· Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours or less per week
· Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
· Strong communication skills
· Applicants must have a continuous improvement mindset
· Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
· Customer Focus
· Technical Skills
· Peer Relationships
· Integrity and Trust
· Standing Alone
· Action Oriented
Intern: Market Research and Analysis (Summer 2020)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify