Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
The candidate will be supporting development new powertrain assembly and/or machining production products and processes.
Possible projects include:
· Assisting with offline engine builds for development of production-level tooling
· Modify drawings for current fixtures and tooling design changes
· Design/modify custom carts to support new parts and processes for new engine components
· Assist with balancing work content in 6 stations to support more efficient and ergonomic processes
· Design single station build areas to support production of low volume new products
· Refine work instructions and pictures in stations affected by new work content Intern Education Requirements
· Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Materials, Metallurgy, Industrial Engineering (or similar) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
· Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
Intern: Manufacturing Engineering (Summer 2020)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify