Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Mack Trucks, a member of The Volvo Group , is one of North America's largest producers of heavy-duty trucks. Part of Volvo's Group Trucks Operations (GTO), the Lehigh Valley Operation is one of 50 plants globally dedicated to the manufacturing of trucks. MACK® vehicles are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.
7000 Alburtis Road
Macungie, Pennsylvania 18062
The purpose of this internship is to allow the student/intern to prepare for their futurebyapplying what was learned during coursework (theory, skill development, professionalism) to the working world. Interns will be provided extensive hands-on experience in their field of study. The intern will work on important and innovative projects alongside our experienced staff and engineers.
· Work with other departments to implement product and process changes
· Proposes changes to equipment to avoid downtime
· Investigate the use of proper tooling to be used by operators on the line to meet the quality, safety, ergonomics and efficiency requirements
· Creates detailed spare parts inventories for plant equipment including min/max volumes and FIFO controls
· Promotes manufacturing safety and efficiency through implementation of method/process change, ergonomic application and safety awareness
· Implements corrective actions identified by key maintenance performance indicators as a means to create overall equipment efficiency
· Communicate to assignment leader any recommendations to meet schedules and plans Critical Competencies:
· Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
· Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
· Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
· Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
· Self-starter: works independently, learns what is needed to do the job.
· Initiative: proposes improvements and take the lead in implementing them.
· Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point, Word and AutoCad.
· Ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion
· Thrives in a team-based environment Minimum Education and Experience:
· Must be currently pursuing an Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electric Engineering degree and must remain fully enrolled in program during the duration of the internship
· Applicants must have completed at least 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
· Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
· Fall interns are required to work up to 30 hours per week
· Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing
Intern: Maintenance Engineering (Fall 2020)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify