Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Mack Trucks, a member of The Volvo Group , is one of North America's largest producers of heavy-duty trucks. Part of Volvo's Group Trucks Operations (GTO), the Macungie facility is one of 50 plants globally dedicated to the manufacturing of trucks. MACK® vehicles are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.
7000 Alburtis Road
Macungie, Pennsylvania 18062
The purpose of this internship is to allow the student/intern to prepare for their futurebyapplying what was learned during coursework (theory, skill development, professionalism) to the working world. Interns will be provided extensive hands-on experience in their field of study. The intern will work on important and innovative projects alongside our experienced staff and engineers.
· Records, analyze and evaluates issues affecting the timely delivery of parts and inventory levels; reports on trends and other data utilized in root cause analyses affecting the timely transfer of finished goods to the customer
· Support and develop Lean Material Flow principles and initiatives by participating in Kaizen activities throughout the facility
· Contributes to material layout and delivery route proposals by utilizing the “Go and See” approach on the shop floor and interacting with Material Technicians
· Develops, maintains, and updates the logistics processes and delivery systems to support and enhance plant production capabilities
· Identifies time critical material handling and delivery issues and executes a resolution plan in a timely and successful manner Critical Competencies:
· Attention to detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
· Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
· Excellent analytical and computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word
· Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitment, producing timely work to required- or higher- standards, pitching in to get the job done
· Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments
· Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative
· Ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion
· Thrives to work in a team-based environment Minimum Education and Experience:
· Must be currently pursuing a degree in Supply Chain, Mathematics, Business (with technical focus) or a related degree and remain fully enrolled in program during the duration of the internship
· Applicants must have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
· Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
· Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing
· Fall interns can work up to 30 hours per week
Intern: Logistics (Fall 2020)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify