Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
Purpose of the Position:
The Internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for the Volvo Dublin, Virginia facility by working on important and innovative projects.
The internship role will start in May 18, 2020 and run until August 14, 2020 as a full-time position.
· Project Presentations – Formal project presentations will be required to be presented to peers, management, and senior leaders within the organization.
· Mentor Feedback – Throughout the entire summer experience, the mentor will provide verbal and written feedback on performance. Core Responsibilities:
The focus for the summer will be on implementing systems and concepts in the Plastics Paint Shop. Activities will include data collection, time studies, 5S, 5T, SOP, etc.
Deliverables to include: Cost Deployment data collection, data for KPI, support with 5S activities, time study to review utilization and SOP, support with Volvo Production System Board and Lean Principles.
Skill Set Requirements and Minimum Education Requirements:
· Applicants must be pursuing an Engineering based, Business Management, Supply Chain Management or Analytical undergraduate degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
· Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
· Applicants should be interested in pursuing a professional career in a manufacturing facility upon graduation.
· Applicants should have the ability to lead and take action to understand the logistical flows of material.
· Applicants must have extensive experience in Microsoft Office
Intern: Logistics BIW & Cab Paint (Summer 2020)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify