Auto req ID
Group Trucks Technology
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Driver and Vehicle Productivity Team (D&VP) as a Script Developer and Data Scientist for Summer 2020. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects test engineering through working with engineering scripts and data. As a valued member of the Driver and Vehicle Productivity Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with product engineering, existing D&VP Test Engineers, and existing FVV Developers and Data Scientists. This position will primarily focus on the creation of scripts with Python, Matlab, and Java to deliver post processing tools and insight into test data for the team. GTT's goal is to contribute to the student's development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the automotive industry. This position will report to the responsible Group Manager.
· The candidate will have a mentor assigned to them and oversee their daily tasks
· The candidate will work directly with the test engineers, data scientists, and developers focusing on the following:
· Convert existing Matlab scripts to Python scripts
· Create scripts/executables to assist in post processing of test data in order to improve efficiency and ease of use
· Work with test data and data from other sources to develop trends and detailed classifications of different applications/objects.
· Documentation of scripts and analysis performed
· Develop interfaces for departmental SharePoint sites
· Development of test methods and post-processing techniques
· Organize and work with large amounts of data
· It is preferable that the candidate have experience with the following:
· Python and Matlab
· Microsoft Office Suite including SharePoint
· Data Analytic techniques
· Not required, but helpful if also has experience with:
· Basic understanding of electronics
· Basic automotive mechanical and electrical knowledge Critical Competencies:
· Attention to detail required when creating scripts and analyzing data. What are the deliverables? Is it easy for someone else to read and use the script? And what are the limitations of the script and does this data show worthwhile information?
· Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
· Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
· Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments Internship Education and Program Requirements:
· Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Electrical or Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
· Interns are required to work 30 hours or less per week and must be enrolled in academic courses during the Fall semester.
· Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
· Strong communication skills Personal Competencies:
· Customer Focus
· Technical Skills
· Peer Relationships
· Integrity and Trust
· Standing Alone
· Action Oriented
Intern: D&VP Script Developer/Data Scientist (Fall 2020)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify