Auto req ID
Our employees describe Volvo Penta as a great place to work, built upon respect and commitment. We encourage people to take individual responsibility and offer exciting assignments in a highly innovative environment.
We strongly believe that high performance comes from having fun at work, and the courage to think outside the box. Come and join us. We are both world leading and pioneers in our field.
The Volvo Penta vision is to be the world leader in sustainable power solutions. We have a history of innovation and enjoy strong market positions based on our current product and service offer. We are now in the starting blocks of developing next generation products and solutions that will be connected, electrified and automated.
We are now looking for someone to join our Sales Engineering Industrial team to be part of our exiting journey ahead.
Sales Engineering Industrial's role is to act as expert on Volvo Penta Industrial products supporting our Sales organizations as well as our customers, who are predominantly Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
As an Application Engineer in our team you will also act as the voice of our customers for the development of Volvo Penta's industrial products. By conveying customer demands into Product Management Industrial and the Product Development organizations we secure fulfilment of the market requirements in prioritized segments. It is important to understand the application of Volvo Penta Industrial products and our customers' technical requirements on our scope of supply. The application engineer provides additional value to the OEMs by understanding the end-user and their requirements.
You also have the responsibility to secure the availability and knowledge of efficient technical sales support and installation documentation to Volvo Penta Sales representatives worldwide.
1. Develop and provide technical sales and installation engineering methods and tools
2. Secure timely technical sales information documentation for Volvo Penta Industrial products
3. Provide technical expertise of Volvo Penta products to global sales team
4. Build and maintain OEM application knowledge
5. Ability to perform customer machine installation and provide installation approval according to our Industrial Application Process
6. Provide application and installation engineering related requirements into Volvo Penta product development process and support product planning department with customer requirements and technical inputs
7. In the journey of developing our future product portfolio the role will also include working jointly within the team and cross the organization setting the foundation of the ways of working with our future solutions
Team player and networking skills: The job requires close contact with regional application resources and close collaboration with the sales organization, product planning, and product development as well as with colleagues in the Volvo group companies.
Self-driven and highly motivated: The role is for a skilled individual who wants to play a key role in the development of the industrial engine business of Volvo Penta.
Profiles with experience within driveline system and component specification and design, analysis, verification, installation or relevant experience from machinery and utility systems are prioritized.
Documented relevant work experience is required.
· Knowledge of the internal combustion engine (process and requirements)
· Engine installation knowledge and experience (Hardware and software interfaces)
· Knowledge or experience of heavy duty machinery or driveline components (design, testing, service)
· University degree (Master of Science or equivalent) or work experience equivalent
· Fluent in English, both in speech and writing Travels vary depending on responsibilities.
Category B drivers license (car) is required.
For further information, please contact:
Hiring manager: Johan Olson +46 31 323 32 92
VP Product Management Industrial, Prabhakaran Sundaramurthi +46313221235
Industrial Application Engineer
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
With Volvo Penta , a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province