Auto req ID
I am a result-oriented manager with sharp commercial skills, who are willing to develop and motivate my team with energy and passion? Do you have the curiosity and drive to take on new possibilities? Then please continue to read because you might very well be the one we are looking for.
This is us, your new colleagues
You will be part of a newly established team. If you are a results driven person, with attention to detail and demonstrate the ability to take initiative and carry out assigned tasks to completion, you will fit in well with the team. UD Trucks care about their employees, embrace diversity and strive to go the extra mile for our customers. We depend on each other and our culture is built on trust. We are agile and flexible and change to meet the needs of our business, customers and society. UD people are passionate, professional and dependable – we have the Gemba spirit.
Main purpose :
Manage the health and safety legal compliance function for UD Trucks and the Operational Plant, to ensure legal compliance in respect to OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001
Duties and Responsibilities
· Recommend ways to improve health and safety standards
· Keeping up to date with legislative changes.
· Develop, implement and maintain an effective program (Management System) and ensure compliance to satisfy the requirements of local legislation e.g. the OHS, COID and Environmental Conservation Acts
· Identify safety training needs, organise and co-ordinate training courses and prepare internal training material where appropriate
· Co-ordinate the monthly safety meetings (Management Committee & SHE Representatives) and ensure feedback in accordance with Management guidelines
· ISO14001 implementation with regard to environmental standard.
· Communicate changes in Safety and Environment legislation to Management
· Coordinate and evaluate audit results and ensure action plans are put in place.
· Liaise with onsite contractors to ensure compliance with Company safety regulations and adherence to safety standards, including basic safety induction training.
· Assist with crisis management procedures for all OU/BA's
· Assist with the formulation of emergency/contingency plans
· Arrange hygiene surveys as per legislation for all OU/BA's
· Execute effective safety, hazard control and industrial hygiene program and suggest corrective actions.
· Ensuring adherence to and perform functions within budget
Who are you?
Skills and Mindset
To be successful in this position you need to be service minded, well organized and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. But most of all, you need to be a true team player and contribute with good team spirit.
Required knowledge and experience
· Minimum of 3 years related experience (manufacturing environment) – advantageous
· Previous experience working in the automotive industry is advantageous
· Thorough knowledge of relevant local safety, security and environmental legislation
· OHSACT (compulsory)
· COID ACT (compulsory)
· Environmental Act (advantageous)
· Thorough knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
· Working knowledge of safety systems Qualification :
· Degree/diploma in SHEQ management
· Valid ISO certification of both ISO9001 and ISO14001
As we are a truly global and diverse company, most of your meetings and emails will be in English, hence you need to be fluent in both speaking and writing in English.
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
Health and Safety Officer
Travel Required (maximum)
No Travel Required
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers' uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group's leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
UD Trucks is an international commercial vehicle solutions provider based and headquartered in Japan. UD Trucks develop, produce and sell a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty vehicles, supporting smart logistics solutions across 60 countries. Our trucks go the extra distance, giving our customers extra fuel mileage and uptime.
Our 8,000 smart, modern and diversified colleagues work with passion, trust and change to stay ahead for performance. We will always go the extra mile for our customers and business partners.
Last application date
State / Province