Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
ENTRY-LEVEL MANUFACTURING PROJECT ENGINEER
Are you a recently graduated engineer who wants to work for a respected, global company that values people? Are you interested in learning a role that combines mechanical engineering, industrial engineering and project management? Apply now!
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Our industrial project engineering team is growing! We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customers' expectations. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! We want a motivated, well-rounded engineer and project leader who can plan and prioritize, collaborate and communicate, and deliver.
Responsibilities include leading or participating in industrial projects which can include new products and processes, and/or large modifications of existing production lines. You'll utilize the tools of the Volvo Production System and other lean initiatives to meet present and future demands. Collaborate with production, quality, material control, industrial development, business process/logistics, human resources, finance, maintenance, suppliers, and global Volvo entities as required ensures the success of our projects.
WHO ARE YOU?
· Excited to deliver business needs to exceed our customers' expectations
· Perform cycle time (AVIX) studies
· Develop cost effective engineering solutions with flexibility for product and volume changes.
· Evaluate and recommend manufacturing processes, techniques, equipment, gauging, IT systems, and tooling to work towards zero defects.
· Deliver kaizens focused on safety, quality, environmental improvements and cost.
· Learn and/or evaluate new technologies
· Engage with global technical teams to share and utilize best practices.
· Develop project plans with project team members and stakeholders
· Basic project management
· Listen to understand the needs of the internal and external customers
· Collaborate to creatively solve problems
· Present ideas, problems, and solutions clearly in written and verbal communication
· Take initiative to foresee problems and take appropriate actions A Qualified Candidate would typically have the following skills/experience
· BS Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
· 0-3 years of experience
· Internship, Co-Op or Work Experience
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
· Time management and prioritization skills Preferred experience and knowledge
· 3D Drawing/Inventor experience Necessary technical/functional/language skills
· Proficiency in the English language is required Proficiency in Swedish, French, and/or Portuguese is a plus
Engineer - Junior Manufacturing
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify