Auto req ID
The Volvo Penta vision is to be the world leader in sustainable power solutions, and world-leading supplier of engines and complete powers systems for marine and industrial applications. We have a history of innovation and enjoy strong market positions based on our current product and service offer with customers in over 130 countries around the world. Volvo Penta is a world-leading supplier of engines and complete power systems for marine and industrial applications – both on land and at sea.
We are now looking for a Delivery Handler to join our team in Lexington, TN!
What is the job?
The Delivery Handler is the hub of our shipping operations. As the central point of contact for shipping, you will plan and manage shipments of orders to domestic and international customers. You will use your logistics expertise and attention to detail to keep records that ensure we meet our customers' expectations. You will also employ effective communication skills to deliver accurate and reliable information to other Volvo Group teams, internal customers and external customers, leading to strong relationships and an environment of trust.
You will bring our core value of Customer Focus to life by:
· Verifying and auditing shipments to customers as well as identify and correct errors
· Checking all outgoing items for accuracy and correct count
· Knowledge sharing with and training other employees in department
· Arranging for pick-up and transport for Less than Truck Load (LTL) customers of returnable shipping containers
· Notifying and collaborating with Volvo Logistics for timely booking of all ocean going containers
· Representing the Delivery Coordinator group in various interfaces to include end customer and transport supplier forums
· Assisting as required in the filing of freight claims in the event of damaged goods in shipment to customers
· Performing other duties, tasks and responsibilities as required Who are you?
You are a service-minded professional who is skilled in transport optimization (3-5 years related experience). You leverage your communication skills (verbal and written) and software skills (Microsoft Office Suite required, JDE and other systems can be trained) to exceed customer expectations as related to timely and accurate product delivery. As you value education and training, you have a four year college degree in Logistics, Business, etc, or you have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Why work for Volvo Penta?
Volvo Penta is truly “A Great Place to Work”! We experience relationships that are built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success.
We also offer:
· Health insurance
· Vision and dental insurance
· Competitive compensation
· Generous ETO (Earned Time Off) plan
· 401k with matching
· Outstanding, values-driven work culture
Travel Required (maximum)
No Travel Required
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers' uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group's leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
With Volvo Penta , a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify